Monday, January 4, 2010

Nursery Decor, Part 2

Another cheap and easy way to decorate any room in the house is to make a hand-painted sign. However, if you lack wood or any skill needed to cut, sand, paint and hang a wooden sign, you make the next best thing:



I had originally wanted vinyl wall letters for The Good Baby's room but since we have textured walls that wasn't happening. So I decided on the sign instead.

I bought the frame, matting and a few pieces of card stock. I wanted to print the phrase onto the paper and then paint over it, but the paper was too thick for my printer. Instead I had to trace the words onto the paper in pencil and then paint over it.

The letters are a little shaky in some parts, but that just makes it all the more unique. I tell myself that is a sign of a good, handmade craft.

No comments: