Monday, May 9, 2011

Aw, beep, beep. Toot, toot!

This is part one of content for the Brains of the Operation, aka Household Binder.

Since I have arranged the categories alphabetically, the auto log is the first thing I come to in the BotO. Car maintenance is the one area where The Good Husband is completely anal while I couldn't care less. I just fill it with gas and sometimes run it through the car wash.

But TGH likes to stay on top of things to keep the cars in good shape. He says he is better for resale.

So I created this template to track everything we do to both cars. The year, make, model and VIN number for the car is in the upper right hand corner, while the columns track oil changes, rotating and replacing the tires, cleaning and replacing air and fuel filters, wipers, brakes, batteries, transmission and other. There is space for notes as well.

It helps to be able to look up the exact date you got new tires or brakes and the last time you had the oil changed.

I always get a detailed invoice from our mechanic listing the things they did. For routine oil changes, I shred the invoice. When I have something more detailed done, I use a 3 hole punch and place that invoice in the binder. Eventually I will move them to the file cabinet, but for now they go here.

You can now get this printables and more in my Etsy Shop! 
 
The Auto Log is now part of The Good Wife Home Management Pack. You can also get CUSTOMIZED printables too!

No comments: