Friday, May 13, 2011

Money, money, money, MON-NAY

This is part two of content for the Brains of the Operation, aka Household Binder.

I will confess that budget and finance are my weakest points, even after getting an A in my graduate class. For some reason I am totally Scarlett O'Hara about budgeting and always put it off for tomorrow.

A few months ago I signed up to track my budget online and while I like some things about the website I use, I don't like it all. With these worksheets, I can track my spending and income weekly as see where everything is.

The first page of my two page budget worksheet contains income and the bigger expenses - housing, debt and transportation. Each category has blank spaces for misc entries.

The second page continues the spending by category as well as a category for saving. There are spaces at the bottom to total the weekly spending as well as spaces to total monthly spending by category.

This is probably more handy to me than the budget worksheet. This lets me see at a glance all the bills I have paid to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

I have also created an yearly overview worksheet. It divides the year into four quarters and all the categories (housing, auto, debt, ect) are listed with an actual, budgeted and difference line as well as overall totals.


You can now get these printables and more in my Etsy Shop! 

The Budget Checklists includes the Bill Tracker are now part of The Budget Pack and The Good Wife Home Management Pack. You can also get CUSTOMIZED printables too!

16 comments:

Wana said...

Hi,

Great templates and thanks so much for sharing them. I'm wondering if there is a way to customized the names in the pay me column?

The Good Wife said...

Hi wana! Thanks for reading. You can email me and I'll be happy to work with you on customizing the templates.

There is a link on the right hand side to email me and just send me what categories you would like for the template.

Thanks for reading

.sarah. said...

Hi,
I LOVE this worksheet.
I am trying to use just page one which is the monthly checklist.
But can not get the titles that are in there such as, car, mortgage, loans, and such to go away. is there a way you could post one with all those lines empty?

Unknown said...

I was wondering if there was a way to customize the names too? I've tried downloading and converting file?

ang said...

I'm unable to download this file. Keeps asking me to open without the "frame" - I do that, it opens a new window & asks me to log in. Never see the form...

Blake Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Good Wife said...

Here is the link to blank budget templates - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8EimV6J9pvSMlNkX1JWQjdjMHc

anyone can email me directly at major.wife@gmail.com and I will send any template you to.

I am sorry anyone is having problems viewing these. I will have to look into using something other than google doc. anyone have any suggestions?

The Metamorphosis said...

I am unable to open/download the template. I sent an email requesting the blank budget template. My email is dallastarrmart@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance !

Unknown said...

super, i like this worksheet

Richard C. Lambert said...

The "100 Million" Reichsmark note is actually 100,000,000,000 Reichsmarks. The confusion here is that the names of numbers begin to differ between North America and Europe after the millions. In North America a thousand million is a billion and in Europe a thousand million is a milliard.
free-credit-report.net

Elizabeth J. Neal said...


I will confess that budget and finance are my weakest points, even after getting an A in my graduate class. For some reason I am totally Scarlett O'Hara about budgeting and always put it off for tomorrow. Ascenergy

Robert said...

Very neat. I was surprised not to see Canadian money on it near the end, though. It does represent one of the most colourful currencies.
buy ukash voucher with paypal

Richard C. Lambert said...

Any money you don’t spend should go into a lock box or under your bed mattress. This is for special occasions or needs.Discounts

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is a great blog full of useful information. I think your blog is great, if you're looking for broker reviews and information on equinox software, take a look at the good trading robot.

Unknown said...

There is some really useful information on this blog which I find interesting as things like this can be confusing. I have seen similar stuff to this on a website which is about Forex trading strategies