Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chicken Salad

On Tuesday nights, I need something easy to make since I have to go to the farm for our CSA. I have to wash and prep all our veggies for the week and I don't really love to be in the kitchen for an additional hour that night. So while I prep, I make something easy, like poached chicken for chicken salad sandwiches.

I usually vary my chicken salad recipe based on what we have. Sometimes I add walnuts and apples, but that is usually in the fall. For an early summer, I go with simple grapes and celery. I like a little more mustard in mine than does The Good Husband, so I have to go easy on it. I mostly just play it by ear when adding the ingredients, so feel free to experiment according to your taste.

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts poached in water with lemon and thyme, cooled and shredded
2 ribs of celery diced
1/2 cup grapes, halved
1 heaping tablespoon mayo
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Sprinkle of onion and garlic powder
Endive
Bread

Directions:
~Combine first six ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.

~Spoon on to bread, top with endive and serve.

recipe by:The Good Wife

No comments: