Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pureed Pumpkin

Since we got pumpkin this week, the easiest thing to do was make puree. 

My mom likes to tell me of the time my aunt made pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin one Thanksgiving and how it tasted like shit. I've been haunted by that story ever since. It convinced me that eat a real pumpkin would be a daunting task, one doomed to failure and food tasting like shit.

But I over came that fear and pureed up my pumpkin. B/C really, it was too early to carve that bitch.

Roasted it was so easy and now that I have a full size food processor, pureeing it was easy too.

And I was able to make pumpkin spice syrup and lattes, pumpkin truffles and pumpkin donuts.

And I didn't attempt pumpkin pie.

Ingredients:
1 pumpkin

Directions:
~Remove stem and cut in half. Remove seeds and guts, reserving seeds if desired. (I hate pumpkin seeds, so mine got composted.) Place pumpkin on cookie sheet, cut side up and roast at 350 degrees to 1 to 1 1/2 hour or until soft. Allow to cool. 

~Scoop insides into a food processor and puree until smooth, about 5 minutes. Store in airtight container in the fridge.

recipe by: The Good Wife

No comments: