Thursday, February 9, 2012

BotO - Pet Log and our new family member

This pretty girl right there is our newest family member. The Good Husband got her for me last Valentine's Day. And really, nothing says "I love you" like something else you have to clean up after. But she is a great dog considering I have never owned a pet before. Ever.

We got her from the local no-kill shelter and right off the bat she loved The Good Daughter and knew some commands but most importantly, she was house broken and crate trained. The shelter told us she was a mix of German Sheppard and Beagle. She has an amazing temperament and is very playful and loving. She really is a great dog. And she helps teach TGD some responsibility since it is her sole job to feed and water Foxy.

 

So now that I have a dog, I have to keep track of all the vet appointments and medicine we have to give her monthly. I created this Pet Log as part of my Brains of the Operation, aka Household Binder.

I included all the important information - pet name, age and breed, daily activity and food intake, vet contact information as well as a tracker for shots and heart worm medication. This helps me see, at a glance that Foxy is up to date on all her shots and if anyone were to ever petsit for us, they will know how much to feed and walk her daily. 

You can download this template for your own household binder here.

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Great idea - especially for those of us who A) treat our dogs/cats as members of the family and B) have multiple pets.

~Nadine In Nevada