Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sloppy Janes

Traditional Sloppy Joes call for ground beef but I like to use ground turkey or chicken to make it healthier. I also like to make mine from scratch, so I can avoid HFCS. 

Who am I kidding? I usually have to make the sauce on my own b.c I am too lazy to go to the store and actually buy a can.

But when you make it on your own, you can also add some spices and different flavors and then try to convince your husband it is from a can. Good times!



Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1-2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
~Brown meat in a large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through. Drain.

~Combine the remaining ingredients and heat on medium until hot. Serve immediately. 

recipe by:The Good Wife

No comments: