Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Week 6 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 6 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on organizing recipes and cookbooks.


I imagine like most people I have a collection of hardback cookbooks as well as a ton of recipes saved online.

For the cookbooks I use almost everyday, I like to leave them on my kitchen counter. These live next to the fridge. I have the cooking bible - the joy of cooking as well as the first cookbook - better homes and gardens - there as my go to resources. You would be shocked to know that I still haven't memorized a damn pancake recipe and have to look it up every.single.time. I also have some special fatass diabetic cookbooks and some baby cookbooks as well. I try to keep these at a minimum, one - out of shame that I can't memorize a recipe and two - to keep my counters clutter free.

But I also have some cookbooks that I don't use as often. Those live in the cabinet above these cookbooks. They include some old Rachel Ray cookbooks, slow cooker cookbooks and some passed down to me that I don't use but feel bad about getting rid of.

I also have a collection of recipes I have saved from magazines over the years. These live in my Brains of the Operation, aka Household Binder, in a folder in the back. I like to try a new recipe three times before I decide to keep or toss it.

The next type of recipes I have are all the online recipes I have collected. Pinterest has fueled the addiction, especially since they all come with pretty photos. I have a board for cooking, for baking, for cocktails and for freezer meals and once a month cooking. Just for fun, I have a canning board too.

I also love the site and app for Epicurious. The app allows you to save recipes and create shopping lists. I also recently joined All Recipes, but haven't had a lot of time to really get a feel for the site yet.

Eventually I might create a master list of favorite recipes that I can add to my BotO, but for now, both the online and IRL collections will have to make due.


Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: