Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 15 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 15 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on the coat closet.

 When we moved into the house, I was pregnant with The Good Daughter and had some help unpacking. One of the areas I delegated was the coat closet. And it was a hot mess. 

Games, coats, hats, scarves and a whole bunch of other shit got thrown in there.


The leaf for our kitchen table found its way in there along with some boxes of unpacked shit, that I had no idea what it was. For the longest time, I didn't tackle the coat closet, since we had the coat rack for guests. But adding our coats to it left little room for other coats.



I decided the coat closet would best be served as a home for our coats, leaving the coat rack free for guests. The table leaf still lives in there but I have cleared out most everything else. The bulk of the games were moved to the living room, leaving the top shelf fairly clean.

 

Using the coat closet as our primary storage for is a great way to accommodate both guests and us. By limited the area to one or two specific things - winter coats and accessories, it allows the space to avoid becoming the cluttered mess it once was.

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: