Sunday, August 19, 2012

Week 22 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 22 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on the bathroom. 

In our house we currently only have two bathrooms, one guest/kids and the other the master bathroom. This post focuses on the guest/kids bathroom since it is the one most people in our house see.


 And like every other room in the house, this one isn't painted or decorated yet either.

We totally fucking suck in that department.

But it is organized and this is how:


Next to the sink, I keep a basket for washcloths and guest soaps. I am running low on the soaps right now, since we haven't stayed in a hotel and I haven't had the chance to steal any, but this thing is normally full.
 
 
I made sure the kids have a place to hang their towels so wet towels don't end up on the floor. I used the command hooks again, this time in a brushed steel color to match the hardware.

I also keep the shower curtain closed for two reasons - one, it allows the plastic liner to dry thoroughly every day after The Good Husband or kids use it; and two, it allows me to hide the baby bathtub and kids toys that live in the bathtub. Let's face it, no one is going to come over and just happen to take a shower. There is no reason for anyone to be in there without advance notice, which would give me time to get the toys out.

However, people are over on short notice that need to wash their hands, so I keep out hand towels and soap in a pump bottle since most people are turned off by the idea of using bar soap.

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: