Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week 24 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 24 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on first aid kits.

Our first aid kit is relativity small. We have the basics covered - rubbing alcohol, iodine, bandages - which we keep in the bathroom. We save the heavy duty stuff for the zombie kit (coming up in week 48).

I also have a ton of baby powder, since when you have a baby, grandmas and older aunts like to buy the shit out of it and give it to you regardless of your need for it. I mean, really, what the fuck do I do with four bottles of baby powder?!


Moving on.

I keep the first aid kit in the bathroom so I can wash wounds in the sink and not have the kiddo or husband track blood all over the house. Aside from all the useful baby powder I have in mine, there are some items that would be useful to have in a first aid kit. These include:

~Two pairs of sterile gloves
~Gauze and other dressings*
~Soap and alcohol wipes*
~Adhesive tape*
~Antibiotic ointment*
~Burn ointment*
~Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes*
~Eye wash solution
~Thermometer*
~Hydrogen peroxide*
~Instant ice packs*
~Isopropol alcohol*
~Specialty medical supplies like those needed for high blood pressure or diabetes
~Scissors
~Tweezers*
~Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant*
~Zinc oxide*

*notes what I have in our kit, although the lube always makes me feel like a perv

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: