Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 26 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 26 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on the master bedroom.

Here is where the magic hasn't happened in eight months.

Our bedroom set was the first furniture The Good Husband and I picked out together. With two kids and a dog that is terrified of thunderstorms, thank god we got the king bed.


One thing about the layout of our house that I hate is the guest bathroom is at the end of the hall past all the bedrooms. So if we want the natural light to shine in the hall we have to leave the door open. And in order to leave the door open, I have to make the bed. Which is admittedly not my strongest suit.

We also have this sidecar crib for The Good Son, which makes making the bed harder too. But I shouldn't complain, since he shouldn't be in it for much longer.  


We are traditionalist when it comes to bedroom furniture. Both TGH and I each have a dresser and a nightstand. What he keeps in his, I have no idea. I probably don't want to know. What I keep in mine are books that I am trying to read as well as a humidifier I keep on my side of the bed in winter. Other than an alarm clock and a lamp, we don't keep much on our nightstands.


We have also committed the faux pas of having a tv in the bedroom. I don't see this going away any time soon.

Dresser organization is a bit lacking for me at the moment since I am in that weird stage of post pregnancy where pre-pregnancy clothes aren't fitting all that well and I am making due with some maternity clothes still.

However, both TGH and I employ the same strategy for organizing clothes. Each type of clothes have their own drawer - undershirts, undies and socks, tops, and bottoms.


I also have my jewelry box on my dresser which I will highlight in the coming weeks.

Our bedroom is by far the least used room in the house. We really don't do anything in it than sleep for 6 hours a night. That has helped to keep the stuff at the minimum. Sometimes I feel like we need something on our nightstand and then I can never think of what the hell it would be. By far this is our least cluttered room, save for the dirty laundry that finds its way on the floor.

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: