Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week 28 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 28 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on seasonal clothing switch.

Last week I posted about our master bedroom closet.

In that post I shared how I like to have my seasonal clothes, in this case fall/winter clothes, closest to the door of my closet, so I can see them when I open the door. I have all my formal clothes first - suits and dress clothes for when I have to actually meet clients and otherwise go into the office - and casual clothes last. My spring/summer clothes are close to the wall and out of the way-ish.


Since I don't have an extensive wardrobe, I don't have to pack clothes away each season. I just move them closer to the door in the closet. However if I did have to do long term storage, there are several options you could use.

~Store clothes in clear plastic bins {we have a lot of these on hand} or in clear vinyl comforter bags. Store smaller bins and bags under the bed.

~Canvass bags with clear windows also provide for great storage and can fit under the bed.

~Hang several items of clothes on one hanger to save space. If using garment bags, place a hanging label on each bag with the contents listed. You can even get fancy and take a photo of each item.

~Keep bathing suits and towels in a beach bag and in the closet, under the bed or in the linen closet.

~Don't forget to add a cedar sachet to your clothes storage to keep sweaters odor and moth free.

Next week I will highlight shoe storage. Stay tuned!

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: