Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week 42 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 42 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on addresses/contact information.


I got this home address book years ago. It has been a staple in our house since.



I love that it has several different sections - as you can see. Quick reference, contacts, important dates, card list and directions.



I use this several times a year - when sending invitations out for parties, sending holiday cards, etc. This contacts the addresses and contact info for almost everyone we know. It is the long form home address book.

I think it is important to have on hand the address for that aunt that you only see once a year but still need to send thank you cards to occasionally. 

But I still wanted something that contained the information we use the most and that wouldn't necessarily go in a home address book.

When I first got the idea for The Brains of the Operations, aka Household Binder, addresses and contact lists were the first things I thought of and made a template for. To me, they very much are the brains behind the whole operation here. You can see when I talked about our Family Command Center, that I have both a home address book and Brains of the Operation, aka Household Binder

I feel like all I do is talk about our contact lists but really, I just love having everything within reach and right where I need it. 

Please tell me I am not totally insane. Right?



Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A mom who wants/needs everything at their finger tips is not crazy! I do too! Without my little book I'm just a bit lost.
I think it's part of being more green; keeping less papers, saving time, preserving energy.