Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sunny Summer Sunday Salad

b/c I love alliteration

This is another "Thanks Pinterest!" recipe I found. In the summer I hate to cook. I would just rather drink my dinner but I have two kids that need actual food. So I try and do as many stove free dinners that I can. This is a new one I found.



At first, I wasn't sure how good this would be. Avocado with fruit? That seems weird. Cilantro with honey? Ummmm, I don't know. But I bit the bullet and tried it and it was AH-MAZE-ING! The Good Son ate all my blueberries and The Good Daughter ate all the strawberries but I was able to stab their little hands back while I ate some. 

It was a light, refreshing dinner that would be great with a glass of sparkling lemonade. So, so yummy.

Ingredients:  
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Italian dressing
Dash of lemon pepper
Pinch of salt

Directions:
~Arrange strawberries, blueberries and avocado on a plate.

~Combine the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Enjoy!

recipe modified from: Chocolate Chips and Glue Sticks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!



- Arianna

ariannapierce2 (at) gmail (dot) com